Choosing the best f flooring options is not enough. There is a very important process of maintenance and upkeep that is necessary to keep the good-looking floor durable and lasting in its finish.
Floors are a vital component when it comes to the décor of your interiors. It could be a residential building or a commercial badly maintained floors do not make them look good even with the best interior designs.
Hardwood or timber flooring is one of the most popular and widely used options for flooring in Australia. There are companies that can source some of the finest looking timber and install this flooring for your home or office.
The wood looks beautiful and brings about a warm and cozy look within any set of interior designs.
Timber Floor Maintenance
Why is it so important to maintain timber floors?
- With time hardwood or timber floors become uneven in texture and can look irregular on the surface
- There are natural deposits that take place in the form of debris and dust that makes the wood look dull and lifeless
- Timber floors are also prone to damage and chipped surfaces at different points
- Lack of polish makes the floors look old and dull
- Polished surfaces wear off with time and will need recoats
These are some of the reasons why wooden floors need to be maintained and taken care of from time to time.
How To Care For Timber Floors
Primarily it is a two-step process – sanding and polishing. Though the work process is not that simple and needs to be done carefully and with precision. There are companies for floor sanding and polishing in Richmond in Australia that you may consider calling for these services.
- The process of sanding is taking care of the topmost layer of the wooden surface.
- It is done with the help of a machine that is run over the floor to shred off the excesses of the top surface.
- After sanding there is a new floor surface revealed which is smooth and looks new.
- Sanding also takes care of rough edges and deep scratches on the floors
- Sanding is followed by the application of polish coats
- These polishing coats add a cover of gloss and sheen to the floors
- Apart from good looks polish makes the floors protected
- The glossy surface makes it easier to clean the wooden floors as well
- All polishes are water-based and environment friendly
- These are non-toxic and safe to breathe in
Professional Services Available
It does not matter whether you are in Richmond or Ryde – there is a company near you that is engaged in the service of wooden floors.
Look up online for companies engaged in polishing and floor sanding Ryde and ask for a free quote. They offer cost-effective price packages that provide a comprehensive service deal.
Most companies also offer a guarantee on the services they provide – from installation to maintenance like sanding and polishing.
These are professional companies with more than twenty years of experience in the field of hardwood flooring. They have the expertise and are very competent in providing the desired results with your floor maintenance.