5 Best Onboarding Practices for Small Businesses – ZingNEO
The onboarding process is one of the most significant parts of recruitment. It enables one to effectively introduce employees to the organization.
With the advancement in technology and the introduction of novel onboarding tactics, it has become a relatively convenient task for HR personnel to executive an onboarding process. The mobile app onboarding and employee onboarding software has revolutionized this domain.
Here are the 5 Best Onboarding Practices for Small Businesses that can enable one to complete the onboarding process with utmost precision and meticulousness.
- Prepare the onboarding strategy: As an HR personnel, one must prepare in advance. A recruitment drive is incomplete without onboarding. And therefore, it is essential to plan a sound and interesting onboarding plan. Try to understand the psychology of the employees and draft a plan that captivates them. Build a realistic schedule with deadlines. Keep other employees and colleagues in the loop to delegate various tasks. Maintain a systematic worksheet to avoid last-minute hassles. Inform the IT department about the induction. Tell them when the employee is going to start with the organization. Ensure everything right from badge, ID card, email address, diary is ready before the arrival of the employee.
- Thoughtfulness: It is one of the prime duties of the HR personnel to make sure the employee is comfortable at the workplace. The minimum adjustment time increases productivity. A simple yet positive message via mobile app onboarding software can make them feel special. Also, sending a formal email using employee onboarding software stating about their joining will set the momentum. Moreover, you can also send mail informing about the dress code, office time, as well as special provisions such as you can leave early on the first day, etc. These tiny efforts can play a major role in alleviating the first-day jitters of an employee.
- Integration: For small business team spirit and teamwork is vital. Most of the time employees work in close-knit teams and therefore rapport building is crucial. Play a fun game with them to break the ice. Use mobile app onboarding software to acquaint a new employee with colleagues.
- Organize: The onboarding process must be organized yet formal. There has to be clear and distinctive communication. The new employee must get a gist of the work culture. A proper tour of the office premises is a mandatory onboarding practice.
- Follow up regularly: One must send a follow-up email or message with the aid of employee onboarding software to know about their experience and get their feedback. Try to find out how the transition experience was for them, are they comfortable, do they have any suggestions, and much more.
The key takeaway
Onboarding plays a vital role in setting the right impression of the organization. Therefore, it is important to employ the right mix of employee onboarding software and technology to achieve perfection. Implementing an effective onboarding strategy can recoup great benefits for the organization. It can not only maintain an optimistic work culture but foster productivity too.