Floor Remediation In Sutherland Shire
Whether it is for your residential or commercial flooring work, high-end floor sanding and polishing is what you need to keep your floors at their best. It is a subtle yet essential aspect of your house.
What Is Floor Sanding And Polishing?
Floor sanding is a method used to smoothen installed wooden floors in your residential or commercial estate. It is a way of correcting the irregularities and unevenness of the subfloor. Sanding can be done in many ways, using finer grades of sandpaper before the wooden floors can be polished or stained. Sanding is also done to remove visible scratches and damages, renewing the appearance of your floors. Polishing is done after sanding to provide floors with their perfect finish. Sanding is also used to renew and refinish older wooden floors.
On the other hand, polishing is the process of smoothening the wooden floors, giving them a shiny surface. It involves applying or rubbing some chemical on the wooden floors so that the surface appears clean with a specular reflection. Therefore, floor sanding and polishing are required to efficiently smoothen the surface of floors and obtain optimum results in terms of quality and finish.
Reason For Hiring Professionals For Floor Sanding And Polishing
While some of the customers may be tempted to do floor sanding and polishing in Sutherland Shire, all by themselves, this may lead to unsatisfactory results. Sanding and polishing timber floors require a certain amount of skill and artistry. One needs to know what kind of equipment, tools and finishing materials are required for the job. Therefore, it is far better to hire an expert professional to avoid the risks and provide you with optimum results without any hassle.
Materials Used for Floor Sanding and Polishing
There are many ways, equipment, and finishing materials to carry out a floor sanding and polishing project. They are listed below:
- Shellacs, Varnishes and Lacquers- Apart from waxes, natural shellacs, varnishes and lacquers are used often blended with oils.
- Oil- For centuries, oil has been a preferable floor finish globally. Natural dry oils of vegetable origin are good for polishing floors. In fact, prefinished oil floors can be UV cured. Walnut and olive oil are largely preferred for their durability.
- Brushed and Oiled- In many cases, steel brushes are used to remove splinters and open up wooden surfaces to be oiled or polished after sanding.
- Polyurethane – This floor polish had been first introduced in 1942. Oil polyurethane is better and safer than water-based urethane for the user. Floor polishes are used to finish or refinish wooden sanded floors.
- Sandpaper – These are sheets of paper with abrasive material glued to one side of it. For floor sanding purposes, sandpapers of different grit sizes are used to remove imperfections of the wooden floors. Finer sandpapers need to be used at the final stages of sanding floors.
- Other types of abrasive materials used for sanding are aluminium oxide, alumina-zirconia and garnet.